Privacy & Cookies Policy
1. Information About Us
The Site and the Services are provided by Hot Drops Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07364124 and have our registered office at 50 Tollemache Road, Prenton, Merseyside CH43 8SZ. Our VAT number is 126728700.
2. Information Hot Drops may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our Service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site or our Services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Details of your engagement with your Facebook account (where you agree to this) including but not limited to your use of the More Like or Less Like functionality, your use of the My Finds functionality and sharing behaviour.
3. IP Addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application. Your web browser then sends these cookies back to the website or application on each subsequent visit so that they can recognise you and remember things like personalised details or user preferences.
They are referred to as session or persistent cookies, depending on how long they are used:
- Session cookies only last for your online session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies stay on your computer or device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie. These persistent cookies are activated each time you visit the site where the cookie was generated.
The cookies used by Hot Drops are vital to provide your site experience, as they enable you to login to the Hot Drops site. Without these cookies your experience of the site would be drastically limited, as you would be unable to access your own account.
When you use our Site and Services, the following 3 categories of cookies may be set on your device:
'Strictly necessary' cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our websites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, some Services cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
Some examples of these strictly necessary cookies include:
'foundation_session' cookies – which allow the Hot Drops site to store 'session data' and enable each page to remember things such as the logged-in user ID. Session data is private to that users session and cannot be read by anyone apart from our administrators.
In order to keep our Site and Services relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use them.
For example, we can see which parts of the Site and Services are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
Some examples of these analytical cookies include:
'__utmz' and '__utma' cookies - which are used by Google analytics on our behalf. '__utmz' helps us to analyse how people arrive at our site, and navigate around it, to improve usability. '__utma' helps us to learn whether a visitor is a new unique visitor, or a returning visitor.
Other third party cookies
Trusted third party sites which Hot Drops partner with to improve your site experience may carry their own cookies. Facebook is a site we partner with to enable you to share Hot Drops socially and ‘like’ products or content you find on the site. Hot Drops cannot control how your data is collected or stored when you engage with third party connections, and you should visit these sites individually to modify your browser settings for these, or refrain from engaging with these third party connections whilst using Hot Drops.
You have the ability to accept or to decline cookies from our Site and other third party websites by modifying the settings in your browser. You may, however, not be able to use all of the interactive features of our Site if cookies are disabled.
5. How Hot Drops uses Information We Collect
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer your registration and to provide you with personalised features and Services for which that registration was necessary, when you choose to do so.
- To provide you with Hot Drops recommendations, when you chose to do so.
- To allow your Facebook friends to view your Hot Drops recommendations.
- To display statistics on the Site of your usage of the Service.
- To provide you with information, products or services that we feel may interest you, where you chose to be contacted for such purposes. This includes without limitation our Hot Drops Newsletter.
- To review Site usage, including but not limited to non-personally identifiable information on which pages are more popular than others, on the number of users engaged with a particular 'Drop', on the relationship between user preferences and content sharing and on the number of users purchasing items presented on Hot Drops, which allows us to improve the design and content of our Site and Services. We may also share such non-personally identifiable information with our current or potential commercial partners, including investors, sponsors and advertisers for the Site and Services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Site and Service.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
Please be aware that it is possible, though unlikely, that we might be forced to disclose personally identifiable information in response to a legal process of when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, including but not limited to in response to a court order, to law enforcement agency's request or for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Our Commitment to Security
We employ appropriate technical and organizational security to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online.
8. Your rights
You can visit your account profile page at any time to:
- Update or correct your personal account information including but not limited to gender, age, location and email address.
- Adjust the settings of your personal preferences and privacy settings.
- Subscribe or unsubscribe to our Hot Drops Newsletter.
- Delete your account completely.
You have the option at any time to request that we:
- Provide a copy of the personal information we hold relating to you (and we may make a small charge for this)
- Update or remove any personal information.
- Remove any third party external applications which you have previously authorised to access your Hot Drops data
- Stop contacting you where we do this in accordance with your previous consent.