Kick off your stilettos, box away your block heels, and forget your flats – kitten heels are back! After years in the fashion wilderness, the most forgiving shoes in the world are taking the fashion world by storm once again.
The new kitten heels are stylish, wearable and versatile, appearing in dozens of different styles up and down the High Street. Channel Audrey Hepburn in a pair of classic slingbacks, or add some attitude to a casual ensemble with brightly coloured V-fronts, or leopard print courts.
Whatever the occasion and whatever the style, we have a pair of kitten heels for you. We've hand picked the ten best kitten heels that are available right now.
1. Vintage Kitten HeelsThese vintage-style shoes fit like a glove, while the roomy design and low heel make them perfect for dancing! Wear with rolled-up jeans for a daytime look, or hit the tiles in a flapper-inspired dress.
2. Slingback Kitten HeelsThere is something incredibly ladylike about a pair of slingback kitten heels. These classic nude shoes look great with a pencil skirt or a midi-skirt, bringing a bit of class to your day-to-day office wear.
Roland CartierBlack Denice Peep Toe£48SHOP NOW
3. Open-toed Kitten HeelsOpen-toed kitten heels are a summer essential. Easy to walk in, breathable and stylish, they are a sophisticated choice for the office (or anywhere else where flip flops won’t cut it). These simple peep-toes work equally well for day and night, and look a lot higher than they actually are.
New LookAnkle Strap Court Shoes£17.99SHOP NOW
4. Strappy Kitten HeelsIf you choose a kitten heel with an ankle strap, always make sure it has a pointy toe. While ankle straps can make your calves appear shorter, pointed shoes elongate the leg, so a combination of the two will balance each other out.
5. Kitten Heel MulesMules are notoriously hard to wear – if you choose a pair that are even slightly too big, you risk watching them fly off with every step you take! Luckily, these Uterque mules are designed to stay put – and the black suede just oozes Parisian chic.
Marta JonssonLeopard Print Heels£64.50SHOP NOW
6. Animal Print Kitten HeelsArguably the PMs favourite ‘power shoe’ – these animal-print kitten heels mean business. Jazz up a dark trouser suit with leopard print or zebra print, and add some attitude to your walk.
Selected FemmeKitten Heel Boots£70SHOP NOW
7. Kitten Heel Ankle BootsEveryone loves a sturdy ankle boot, but there is something delicate and charming about these kitten-heeled versions. The low heel makes them practical for day-to-day wear, but the slim stiletto adds a fashionable, feminine edge.
8. Kitten Heel PumpsA great pair of leather pumps will always be a solid investment, but these pale pink Prada kitten heels tick every box for 2017. Expect to see rose-toned shoes all over the High Street by the end of the year, as kitten-heeled pumps become the new court shoes.
& Other StoriesKitten Heel Over The Knee Boots£195SHOP NOW
9. Kitten Heel Knee high bootsOver the knee boots work best with a little heel – too high, and you will struggle to walk comfortably in them; too low and they can bag at the ankle and knee. These kitten heel boots are perfectly proportioned, and look great with a mini-dress or short skirt.
10. Everyday Kitten HeelsYou can’t beat a plain pair of black shoes that just go with everything. These Topshop classics work with skirts, dresses and trousers alike, and will stay stylish season after season.