Ever since Puma launched its exclusive collaboration with style icon Rihanna, Puma trainers for women have shot to the top of wishlists worldwide.
We've selected five of our favourite styles to show you how to pull of the look – whether you're a fan or Puma Creepers or prefer the classic suede trainers.
Read on for our full guide or use the quick links below to jump straight to your favourite style:
- What To Wear With Puma Fierce
- What To Wear With Puma Platforms
- What To Wear With Puma Fenty Bow
- What To Wear With Puma Suedes
- What To Wear With Rihanna Creepers
- Top Tips On What To Wear With Pumas
How To Wear Puma Fierce Trainers
Launched in 2016, the Puma Fierce saw its popularity rapidly rise thanks to the help of brand ambassador Kylie Jenner. Managing to be both feminine and fierce at the same time, we can't get enough of this futuristic looking training shoe. You can choose across a range of bright and muted colourways, as well as different options for the fastening.
Make your Puma Fierce trainers the star of the show by wearing them with skinny cut jeans or leggings to really show them off. They look great as part of monochrome outfit so the attention stays firmly on your kicks. Complete the look with a leather biker jacket for added attitude.
How To Wear Puma Platforms
Featuring a high outsole, the Puma suede platform trainer has never been so in-vogue since fans flocked to snap up the Rihanna Creeper when first released in 2015. They're one of the most versatile styles of Puma sneakers, offering an instant upgrade to your standard kicks (which should remain purely for gym-use only!)
We love the neutral hues across the Puma platforms range as it means they work perfectly as part of your capsule wardrobe. Wear yours with blue denim and earthy tones for multiple outfit options on downtime days.
How To Wear Puma Fenty Bow Trainers
To really make an impression, the Puma Fenty Bow is an absolute game changer to what we traditionally think of as trainers. Showcasing a large satin bow in place of laces, it's a beautifully feminine style that’ll turn any outfit into a fashion statement.
When you’re wearing Fenty Bow trainers it’s important to keep the rest of the outfit relatively pared back. Try with plain black leggings or jeggings and keep accessories to a minimum. A slogan tee or sweater is all you need to complete the fashion-forward look.
How To Wear Puma Suede Classic Trainers
The Puma Suede Classic helped to make the brand famous way back in 1968 and 50 years later the style is still going strong. You'll find them in just about every colour you could want, with special editions regularly released featuring additional detailing. For a nod back to the Bronx of the 80s, there aren't many more iconic styles than Puma suede trainers.
Inject some colour into your off-duty wardrobe by opting for coloured Puma suede trainers rather than boring black. This is a modest (albeit iconic) style of trainer so you can afford to be brave with the colour. One of our faves is dark red suede, which looks great with light blue denim and will make the rest of your outfit pop.
How To Wear Puma X Rihanna Creepers
Music and style icon Rihanna first joined Puma as its creative director in 2014 and it's fair to say things have gone amazingly well since. First releasing the Creeper in September 2015, it gave Puma a new generation of fans. Taking the iconic Puma suede and bringing it into circles of the fashion elite with a high-ridged sole, it made everyone re-imagine what traditional trainers should look like. On every release the Rihanna Creeper is an instant sellout so when you get the chance, snap them up quick!
Follow in the footsteps of your favourite Instagrammers by wearing your black Puma Creepers with head-to-toe black outfits. We're not talking gothic here, but this is the time to embrace your inner punk rock child. Slim fit black jeans, a black tee and a longline black cardigan or wrap will keep the attention firmly on your Creepers.
Our Top Tips On What To Wear With Puma Shoes
- Let Puma Fierce trainers steal the show by wearing them with skinny fit bottoms for a stunning silhouette. Add biker jackets or chunky knits to add texture and attitude to your outfits with Puma Fierce.
- Puma platforms are the perfect fashion trainer for downtime days and those extra couple of inches will help to set your outfits apart from the rest of the crowd. Wear with slim fit jeans for easy styling options, or step up your game by pairing with a black slip dress.
- For the ultimate style statement, invest in a pair of Puma Fenty Bow trainers. Keep the rest of the outfit muted and use slogan tops to add interest above the waist.
- If you prefer your trainers to be a less headline grabbing, opt for Suede Classics. This is one style that isn't going anywhere soon and will be one of the safest wardrobe investments you ever make.
- For a more exclusive take on the Puma platforms, Creepers by Rihanna are one of the hottest styles around. Choose the gum sole if you get the chance and wear yours with distressed denim and rock-chick inspired tees.