Spring is swinging in, and everyone’s on the move again. Whether you’re travelling for work or pleasure it’s easy to find yourself weighed-down by gadgets and gear of increasing number.
Most of us wouldn’t even consider leaving the house without our iPads, laptops, books, notepads, or gym-clothes, so it’s becoming more and more difficult to travel from A to B and look good while you’re doing it. Luckily, there are some great bags out there that combine functionality with fashion.
Here are just a few of our favourite men's travel bags for the summer ahead...
1. The Holdall – Ted BakerYou can’t go wrong with a classic black leather holdall. Ted Baker is the master of masculine design, and this spacious Ted Baker holdall has been specifically designed for a busy lifestyle. The zip-closure exterior, strap and generous dimensions make it perfect for everything from long weekends or hopping on a plane at short notice.
2. The Canvas Bag – Herschel Supply Co.Nothing says ‘vintage Americana’ like a canvas Herschel bag. They might be famous for their extensive range of backpacks, but this barrel bag is light and versatile. Use it as a stylish alternative to your gym bag, or keep it in the office with a change of clothes inside for those unexpected invitations.
3. The Backpack - BarbourBackpacks are back in fashion, and Barbour’s famous waxed-cotton is perfect for active guys. Roomy, waterproof, and in on-trend olive green, this Barbour backpack is great for cyclists, campers and festival-goers alike.
Jack WillsChesterton Holdall£49.95SHOP NOW
4. The Carry on Bag - Jack WillsEveryone needs a decent carry-on bag for those cheap flights away, and this Jack Wills holdall is a perfect fit. Pack it full of your travel essentials, sling it over your shoulder, and go. The canvas fabric means it is easily stuffed into the overhead compartments, or underneath your seat.
5. The Laptop Bag - Hugo BossGone are the days when laptop bags were bulky, heavy and made out of dust-catching mesh. This sleek leather Hugo Boss portfolio bag is an elegant alternative to a briefcase, with plenty of room inside for your laptop, tablet, and even a few files.
Lyle & ScottLeather Messenger Bag£160SHOP NOW
6. The Messenger Bag - Lyle & ScottA brown leather satchel will never really go out of fashion. This Lyle and Scott messenger bag adds a touch of vintage cool to any outfit, without being pretentious. Plus, the leather exterior will only look better with age.
7. The Tote Bag – ASOS VintageThis is the bag that you don’t realise you need until it’s too late. Canvas totes are an essential pick for a summer traveller – keep one in the pocket of your usual bag, and whip it out as an extra item of hand luggage, or a sturdy shopping bag.
8. The Travel Wash Bag - Paul SmithA good wash bag is an essential part of any regular traveller’s wardrobe. This Paul Smith travel wash bag is small enough to fit in your carry-on luggage, and it is made from luxury leather so it’s easy to clean up the inevitable spills.