Your choice in wallet says a lot about you. After all, it's the one accessory that you carry with you wherever you go, and it just happens to contain your most essential – and valuable – possessions.
While there's nothing wrong with a plain black leather wallet, there are plenty of alternative options for the more discerning man.
From high-end leather to quirky designs, here are just a few of the best wallet brands for men...
1. Paul SmithThe king of British style is known for his chic tailoring and quirky details, and his wallets are no exception. Sleek and sophisticated on the outside, they open up to reveal the signature Paul Smith rainbow stripes and other colourful patterns. Look out for his limited edition wallets, which feature unique embellishments and graphics.
2. Ted BakerGood leather is built to last, and Ted Baker's capsule collection of fine leather wallets will never go out of style. Available in classic shades of black, brown and oxblood, they are unshowy but timeless. The perfect companion to your favourite Ted Baker suit.
3. Calvin KleinCalvin Klein was doing clean lines and minimalist design before Scandi-chic was even a thing. Expect monochrome, subtly branded wallets in a variety of leather textures, with plenty of space inside for your cards, cash and change. The classic 'CK' embossed trifold wallets have been in circulation since the 90s, proving that good design will last and last.
4. DentsDents has been making wallets and other leatherwear since 1777, yet it is one of the most forward-looking wallet brands on the market. The popular pebble-grain leather billfolds come with RFID blocking technology, which means that you'll never accidentally swipe your credit card or bus pass when you're near a card reader.
5. Hugo BossHugo Boss is the master of men's accessories, with wallets available in every imaginable shape and size. Whether you prefer a money clip, a business card holder, a tri-fold zip-around, or a coin wallet, you'll find it in the brand's capsule collection.
6. Ralph LaurenRalph Lauren has a knack for making stand-out wallets that can complement any outfit. Its ever-changing range is updated to match each season's colours and patterns, so you can co-ordinate with ease. The grosgrain-striped wallets and card cases are a favourite with celebs and the aristocracy.
7. BerlutiThis Parisian fashion house has been making fine leather goods since 1895, and it has become famous for its pioneering polished leather technique. These wallets are not cheap, but they have been built to last a generation or more.
8. A.P.C.Another French brand, A.P.C. has a reputation for making quirky, fashion-forward wallets in butter-soft leather. From pouches, to purses, to billfolds wallets, there's something for every occasion in the brand's evergreen collection.
9. FossilFossil prides itself on selling wallets with a difference. Think embossed leathers, two-tone covers, tweed-lined bifolds, magnetic card cases, and brightly coloured (i.e. hard to lose) coin wallets. And all costing £50 or less.
10. DieselSporty, casual wallets are Diesel's speciality, with waterproof fabrics and hard-wearing denim recurring themes in the collection. Ideal for active men who want a durable wallet with a bit of style.