July 8, 2018 | 5 shares
The popularity of Stan Smiths has continued to soar since the tennis shoe was officially launched back in 1978. Named after the legendary American Gran Slam tennis pro, they're instantly recognizable by the three rows of perforations representing the classic Adidas stripes.
- Don't Miss: How To Style Adidas Originals
Whether you're after a cheaper alternative to Stan Smiths or want to differentiate from the crowd, these are the best styles to shop right now…
Sergio TacchiniGran Torino Trainers£21SHOP NOW
1. Sergio Tacchini Gran Torino TrainersThese white Gran Torino trainers are one of the best value alternatives to Stan Smiths at just over £20. The green padded collar is reminiscent of the Adidas classic and the minimal branding helps to pull of the look for less than the original.
ASOSWhite Trainers£25SHOP NOW
2. ASOS White Lace Up TrainersASOS has a knack for reproducing iconic designer looks and these simple white trainers have a very similar silhouette to Stan Smith trainers, with the two perforated rows giving a further nod to the design. Featuring a padded cuff and tongue, they're a great option when you want to re-create the look during winter without messing up your Adidas Originals.
PumaPerforated Trainers£25SHOP NOW
3. Puma Smash Perforated TrainersWhen you want to mix up your style but still keep it branded, these Puma trainers are one of the best alternatives to Stan Smith trainers without breaking the bank. The green trim is in a very similar colour hue to that on the Adidas; while the perforated detailing makes it clear these are not the originals.
H&MWhite Trainers£19.99SHOP NOW
4. H&M White TrainersFor a cheap and cheerful everyday pair of white trainers to wear instead of your Stan Smiths you can't go wrong with these from high street favourite H&M. They're one of the cheapest alternatives in our roundup and are also available with different coloured soles for multiple outfit options.
K-SwissCourt Casper Trainers£25SHOP NOW
5. K-Swiss Court Casper TrainersK-Swiss has developed these Court Casper trainers with comfort in mind, featuring a fully cushioned insole and thick padded collar. With rows of perforations like those seen on the cool Stan Smiths plus a navy collar seen on recent variants, they're a close alternative and a cheaper option at half the cost.
Fred PerryWhite Baseline Trainers£65SHOP NOW
6. Fred Perry Baseline TrainersAt a similar price point to the Adidas Originals, these Baseline Fred Perry trainers bearing the name of another tennis ace are a premium alternative to Stan Smiths. The shape is extremely close, while the minimal Fred Perry branding is enough to make it clear you've stepped away from the crowd while keeping it branded.
UmbroClassic Cup Trainers£19.99SHOP NOW
7. Umbro Classic Cup TrainersThese plain white Umbro trainers offer great value for money at under £20 and with a lightly perforated upper, they also give a refined look while not straying too far from the Stan Smith silhouette. If you're after a basic pair of trainers in a classic court style, these should be at the top of your list.
LacosteStraightset Trainers£75SHOP NOW
8. Lacoste Straightset White TrainersWith its roots in tennis, Lacoste has decades of experience in producing quality court shoes and these Straightset Lacoste trainers don't disappoint. The crisp white leather oozes quality while the classic design makes it another great premium option if you're looking for an alternative to Adidas.
FiretrapCaptain Sagan Trainers£19.99SHOP NOW
9. Firetrap Captain Sagan TrainersWith a perforated ankle collar and layered panels, these Captain Sagan trainers by Firetrap are another designer alternative to Stan Smiths but without the hefty price tag. Although the RRP is £80, they've made the list as the sale reduction is too good to miss!
TopmanWhite Leather Troy Trainers£49SHOP NOW