There was a time not so long ago when there was no such thing as a ‘stylish’ pair of headphones. They were plastic, they were flimsy and the sound quality was fuzzy, to say the least.
But over the past few years that has all changed – in fact, for many men a great pair of headphones is the only true must-have men's accessory. The new generation of headphones come in a massive range of styles and colours, and even the cheapest models can offer crystal-clear surround sound. Plus, they have the added bonus of keeping your ears warm during the winter months!
We’ve put together a list of the seven most stylish headphones for men this season...
1. Denon AH-MM400 Wood HeadphonesThese classic headphones are pleasingly simple – there are no bonus features here, just a well-designed, beautifully finished product. The polished wooden design is masculine and chic, while the quality of the audio is among the best on the market.
+ Perfect for... modern-day Don Drapers.
2. Bose QuietComfort QC35 HeadphonesBose mastered the art of the perfect headphone decades ago, and their products are still as popular as ever. These classic black headphones have won awards thanks to the use of innovative noise-cancelling technology which works even when you aren’t playing any music.
+ Perfect for... drowning out the noise of your daily commute.
3. Master & Dynamic Leather MH40 HeadphonesArguably the coolest option around, Master & Dynamic’s leather headphones are light, luxurious, noise cancelling and iPhone compatible. You can even change up the leather ear covers any time you fancy a change.
+ Perfect for... serious music fans.
4. Adidas Originals Performance In-ear Remote HeadphonesOver-ear headphones might be great for day-to-day use, but when you’re jogging, cycling or lifting you need something a bit sportier. Adidas makes some of the best inner-ear headphones in the world – these bad boys aren’t going anywhere, no matter how many jump squats you do.
+ Perfect for... the gym.
5. Pryma Leather On-ear Headphones in rose goldPryma makes listening to music look like a work of art. These leather and gold headphones take the idea of wearable technology to another level – adjust the head size with the stylish belt-style band, detach the ear pads for easy travel, and enjoy the famously clear Sonus Faber audio.
+ Perfect for... style-conscious men.
6. Ministry of Sound Headphones in Red & GunmetalBoxy and bold, these headphones are for the guy who likes to make an entrance. They come with three different sized ear buds, an anti-tangle cable and a compact carry case so you can take them with you everywhere you go. Plus, each set comes with two free club tickets hidden inside the box which also makes this an ideal gift!
+ Perfect for... club kids.
7. Marshall 'Major II' HeadphonesMarshall is the last word in amp technology, so it makes sense that the brand would make the move into headphones at some point. Their limited range has a retro charm to it, with curly telephone-style cables and that iconic gold ‘Marshall’ branding.
+ Perfect for... vintage fans.
Headphones are officially on-trend and there is a style to suit any man, whether you listen to club anthems or old school hip hop. Just get the best sound quality you can afford, then shop around for a brand that suits your lifestyle – you’ll be spoiled for choice.