A denim jacket is the perfect transitional coat, adding just that extra bit of layering when you need it the most. From high street favourites to designer brands, all have upped their game and the latest arrivals are the best yet.
Read on to discover our picks of the top denim jackets to shop this season, whether you're after traditional trucker styles or want to mix it up with coloured denim…
1. Levi's Trucker Denim JacketThis Levi's denim jacket first appeared in 1962 and it's been a classic ever since. Made from non-stretch denim, it features side-seam adjusters to help you get the perfect fit every time. It's also available in 13 other denim washes, so there's never been an easier way to find the best match to complement your new wardrobe this season.
2. Topman Black Denim JacketA classic fit black denim jacket is an absolute wardrobe essential, timeless in style and versatile enough to go with most things on off-duty days. This Topman jacket is a snip at £35 and will see you through 2018 and many more years to come.
3. ASOS Skinny Denim JacketRapidly becoming the streetwear style of choice, skinny-fit stretch denim jackets are perfect for pairing up with skinny jeans to work the double trend, while also working just as well with tapered joggers. This ASOS jacket in charcoal is our pick for 2018, making sure you stay on trend however unpredictable the weather.
4. DIESEL Khaki Denim JacketYou're no longer just limited to black or blue as brands far and wide have started to incorporate more colour into their denim collections. We think this khaki super soft denim jacket from designer favourite DIESEL is an absolute winner, constructed from the exclusive JoggJeans denim which promises to be as comfortable as jersey.
5. Zara Ripped Denim JacketMake a statement this season in this ripped stonewashed denim jacket from Zara, featuring side taping down the sleeves to help you stand out from the crowd for all the right reasons. With a heavy fade to the denim, it'll look like it's been in your wardrobe for years and is guaranteed to become one of the hardest working items on downtime days.
Liquor N PokerTan Denim Jacket£40SHOP NOW
6. Liquor N Poker Tan Denim JacketThis tan jacket by British denim brand Liquor N Poker will take you from day to play with a quick change of trousers. Ideal for autumn to complement other neutral hues in your wardrobe, the midweight construction will keep you sartorially savvy without compromising on comfort.
New LookBorg Collar Denim Jacket£39.99SHOP NOW
7. New Look Borg Collar Denim JacketComplete your casual looks with this New Look denim jacket complete with on-trend borg collar. The extra detailing will instantly elevate your outfits while offering some extra warmth on those fresh autumn mornings. Wear yours with dark denim and a plain tee to complete the look.
River IslandBurgundy Denim Jacket£45SHOP NOW
8. River Island Burgundy Denim JacketThis dark burgundy men's denim jacket by River Island shows the trend doesn't have to be restricted just to your casual outfits. Team it up with smart black trousers for multiple office-friendly options, or kick back with black skinny jeans for weekend style points.
Rag & BoneSlim Fit Denim Jacket£225SHOP NOW
9. Rag & Bone Slim Fit Denim JacketConstructed from premium Japanese denim, this Rag & Bone jean jacket is just about as good as you can get without the haute couture price tag. Finished with contrasting stitching and traditional brass buttons, it's a true investment piece that will be your go-to lightweight jacket for many more years to come.
AllSaintsIndigo Denim Jacket£118SHOP NOW
10. AllSaints Indigo Denim JacketThis AllSaints men's indigo denim jacket has our vote for 2018, showcasing the worn-in vintage style aesthetic the brand has become so well known for. In a light blue wash and with just about the right amount of distressed detailing, it's set to be a future classic and will effortlessly fit into your wardrobe.