If you shy away from crop tops because you fear looking trashy, then you're missing out big time. Crop tops may have been your fave back in your Spice Girls days, but that doesn't make the crop top past it.
Far from it – the crop top is très chic right now. The difference between looking trashy and looking terrific lies in how you style the trend.
Here are 5 definitely-not-trashy ways to style a crop top...
SOPHISTICATED: Silky crop top & high-waisted wide-legs
Match-up black wide-legs with a black crop top for a coordinated approach or team a pastel crop top with ivory wide-legs. Finish the look with pointed toe stiletto court shoes.
BOHO: High-waisted harem pants, crop top & leather slides
For boho style and festival fun, a sleeveless slash-neck crop top looks fab with printed harem pants.
Pick a pair that tie just below the waist if you don't want to show too much midriff. Ghillie sandals or leather slides complete the look nicely.
TAILORED: High-waisted shorts, crop top & cropped blazer
Make a crop top look sharp by wearing it with high-waisted belted tailored shorts. Smart tailored shorts are slick worn with a crop top and a tailored blazer jacket.
An ivory crop top with a loose fit and short sleeves to cover shoulders is office friendly.
SPORTY: Cropped tee & tapered jogging bottoms
For a sporty take on the crop top wear a cropped slogan print tee or ribbed crop top with tapered jogging bottoms.
This look is all about athleisure, add sporty-luxe accessories like a suede or leather-look baseball cap and statement trainers. Cropped crew-neck sweatshirts are another key piece for sporty off-duty looks.
SULTRY: Lace crop top & high-waisted midi skirt
Wear your strappy lace crop top with a high-waisted black leather pencil skirt for a fierce look, or with a pretty pastel pleated midi skirt for a feminine take.
Our Top Tips On How To Wear Crop Tops
- Style a silk crop top with culottes or wide leg trousers for a chic outfit for date night. Complete the look with heels and a matching clutch.
- Sleeveless jersey crop tops are the perfect addition for your summer wardrobe. Wear them with harem pants and ghillie sandals for a festival-fabulous alternative to crotchet bikini tops.
- You can just about getting away with wearing a crop top to work if you opt for buttoned style with tie waist. Add a pair of tailored shorts and blazer to complete your office-friendly outfit.
- For a sporty take on the trend, look to ribbed crop tees and style with tapered jogging bottoms. Add some luxe accessories such as a suede cap or statement trainers to finish the athleisure look.
- If you want to take your style to new heights, choose a strappy lace crop top and wear it with a leather pencil skirt for a fashion-word take on the humble cropped style top.