Technical fabrics have been in the spotlight recently, but amidst our lust over the new breed of field jacket we've overlooked our faithful friend – the leather jacket.
Good quality leather jackets last years, endure all trends and there's loads of ways to style them. A check shirt and leather bomber jacket is a classic combo, or be the boy in blue with a petrol-blue biker jacket and Breton stripes.
Here are 6 different men's leather jackets and outfit ideas to stay on trend this season...
1. Quilted Black Leather Biker Jacket
Add texture with a biker jacket with quilting on the sleeves and shoulders. Wear over a dark grey crew neck t-shirt in summer or a grey roll-neck in the colder months.
2. Black Leather Bomber Jacket
Style a black leather bomber jacket with a check shirt, washed black skinny jeans and retro white trainers or plimsolls.
3. Brown Leather Biker Jacket
A tan or brown leather jacket is less severe than black. Lighten-up with a white crew neck t-shirt underneath and partner with navy blue chinos.
Leather brogues in a similar shade of tan or brown complete the look. Roll-up your chinos to above the ankle to make the most of your brogues.
4. Basic Black Biker Jacket
Spice-up a fuss-free biker jacket with a patterned printed shirt. A black shirt with a bright graphic print adds a splash of colour to an all-black ensemble.
To make this look work, pick a simple biker jacket that's free from quilting or a shearling collar. A biker jacket in soft, worn-in leather with subtle zips can handle any print. Suede chukka boots complete the look nicely.
5. Blue Biker Jacket
A vivid petrol blue biker jacket is at its best worn with Breton stripes – show off in a white t-shirt with navy stripes or a striped crew neck jumper. Slip-on plimsolls are a big trend and work perfectly with this outfit.
6. Varsity Style Black Bomber Jacket
Varsity-style jackets with a woollen body and leather sleeves are a preppy alternative if a biker jacket feels too rock-star. For super simple styling wear it with jeans and a tee.
Our Top Tips On How To Wear Leather Jackets
- A classic black leather biker jacket is the perfect year-round coat, offering multiple layering options during the colder months while being versatile enough to go with just about everything in your summer wardrobe. Wear yours with slim-fit jeans and suede chukkas for a timeless look. Add a printed shirt when you want to inject a splash of colour.
- Quilted leather jackets are a great way to add texture to your outfits. Go all-out black by teaming yours up with black skinny jeans, a charcoal tee and matching loafers.
- For a more relaxed look, opt for a leather bomber jacket and wear yours with distressed denim and a check shirt. Complete the look with white retro Adidas trainers.
- Keep your summer outfits on point by styling a tan leather biker jacket with blue chinos for a look that'll take you from the office to date night. Add matching brogues or Oxfords to keep the outfit at the smarter end of the spectrum.
- Alternatively, opt for a blue leather jacket on downtime days and wear with a Breton top and slip on plimsolls. Light blue denim shorts or jeans are all you need to finish the look.