Accessories can make or break an outfit, especially in summer when it’s less about layering and more about the finishing touches.
From sunglasses to beach bags, we've hunted down the 10 must-have summer accessories to give your outfits a lift in 2018. Grab a cold drink, put on that summer mixtape and read on to discover the hotlist…
MissguidedPom Pom Shopper Bag£20SHOP NOW
1. Wicker Shopper Bag2018 has been the year of the pom pom and this shopper bag from Missguided is the perfect way to work the trend into your summer wardrobe. The wicker construction screams of summer and it’s just about big enough to use as a carry-on when you jet off on your summer holiday.
2. Jewel Floral Hair ClipThis gorgeous floral hair clip will work just as well at a casual BBQ as it will with your summer wedding guest outfit. Featuring a sturdy silver slide-in grip in a feather design under an intricate overlay of flowers, it's a snip at just £10. Wear with other pastels for a cute summer outfit, or with denim shorts for festival vibes.
Ralph LaurenPink Cat's Eye Sunglasses£91SHOP NOW
3. Cat's Eye SunglassesCat's eye frames have been one of the biggest fashion accessory trends of the year and these Ralph Lauren sunglasses are our designer pick for 2018. Designed and made in Italy, they feature a light pink frame with matching pink/purple gradient lenses for added wow factor. One to immediately add to your list of summer stuff to buy.
AdidasPink Geometric Backpack£50SHOP NOW
4. Geometric Rolltop BackpackThis Adidas backpack shows backpacks don't have to be boring. With faux leather geometric panels to create a 3D design and an internal sleeve for keeping your valuables safe, it's the upgrade to your gym bag you've been waiting for.
5. Acrylic Camera NecklaceThis acrylic necklace by London based Tatty Devine will inject some fun into your outfits all summer long. Renowned for its statement jewellery, Tatty Devine pieces are handmade by a small team of skilled workers and have gained cult-like status worldwide. Camera at the ready!
6. Beaded Tote BagLeave the sand on the beach this summer by snapping up this beaded tote by high street favourite Topshop. The beaded construction means sand will be easily dispersed through the holes plus you can carry wet towels and swimwear without worrying about staining. A must-have summer accessory for anyone jetting off on a beach holiday.
Mint VelvetBlack Stripe Floppy Hat£19SHOP NOW
7. Floppy HatElevate your summer 2018 looks with this Mint Velvet fringed hat. Perfect for wearing with a summer dress or keeping the sun at bay on the beach, it's guaranteed to become the hardest working item in your hot weather wardrobe. Add it to your summer items list and you won't be disappointed!
8. Pastel Blue WatchEmbrace the Nordic minimalist trend with this Skagen ladies watch from the latest collection by the trendsetting brand. Featuring a white mother of pearl watch face set against a pastel blue leather strap, it's our go-to style for 2018 and is set to be a design classic.
PrettyLittleThingBlack Acrylic Aviators£8SHOP NOW
9. Acrylic AviatorsEvery girl needs a pair of 'designer' sunglasses and then that second pair that we're not too worried about getting the odd scratch. At under £10, these acrylic aviators by PrettyLittleThing are bang on trend and are one of the best summer accessories to get your hands on at the price. Plus they're also available in white or pink if you want to stock up!
GlamorousDouble Circle Studded Belt£10SHOP NOW
10. Double Circle BeltThe belted dress look lives on and summer 18 is all about the double ring buckle. This studded belt by Glamorous will help to create the perfect silhouette with your summer dresses and the adjustable length means you can wear it on your hips or waist.