Your winter boots are leaking, your favourite shoes are scuffed, and your poor feet have been stuck in the dark for months and months. It’s fair to say that we’re all good and ready for spring to arrive.
And with the springtime comes a whole new set of wardrobe rules. When you're dressing for changeable weather, you are looking for comfort and versatility. You want to wear shoes that will get you from A to B no matter what the weather, and look good doing it.
That's why we love the latest range of women's trainers for spring/summer 2017 – from design classics to avant-garde couture.
We've put together our pick of the best eight springtime sneakers that you can buy right now, whatever your budget...
AdidasCoral Gazelle Trainers£74.95Shop Now
1. Adidas GazelleOften overlooked in favour of the iconic Stan Smith or Superstar Adidas trainers, the Gazelle is starting to develop a cult following of its own. Low-slung and feminine, they are perfect with skinny jeans or long skirts. Look out for this season's colour palate of coral pink, granite grey and tonal blues.
ConverseChuck Taylor All Star Coral£43Shop Now
2. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star CoralThere is a pair of Converse trainers for every season, and this spring it's all about the Chuck Taylor All Star Coral. Available in a range of washed-out, on-trend colours, they are the epitome of laid-back chic.
3. Nike Classic Cortez, White LeatherSet to be the next big retro Nike sneaker revival, the Cortez is a solid investment. Choose a pair in classic white, but mix things up with this leather version, which are easy to clean (you gotta keep those whites white!) and very on-trend.
New Balance373 Modern Trainers£57Shop Now
4. New Balance 373 ModernNew Balance is hitting it out of the park with its latest sneaker line. The New Balance 373 Modern Classics are available in a range of gorgeous colours – we love the black, lilac and white combo, but the black and gold pair are flying off the shelves.
5. Christian Dior D-Fence SneakerThese sneakers were the stars of the Christian Dior S/S 17 shows. The perforated white shoes were paired with cropped trousers on the runway so that everyone could admire the distinctive bee silhouette on the tongue. Yes, they're pricey with a RRP of £620 per pair, but you will be investing in a future collector's item.
Michael KorsBeckett Leather Sneakers£145Shop Now
6. Michael Kors BeckettOver the past few years, designers have started to experiment with high-end sneakers, and this pair of Michael Kors trainers is the perfect combination of fashion and functionality. The gold leather inserts and Velcro straps hark back to the 90s, and the cut-out panel makes them perfect for sunny days.
PumaRihanna Creeper Trainers£105Shop Now
7. Puma by Rihanna CreeperRihanna's collaboration with Puma has been a huge hit for the brand, and these Creeper sneakers sold out within minutes. Available in black, purple and grey, they are full of attitude, with high-maintenance velvet uppers, and kick-ass platforms. They're bound to be re-stocked as soon as possible, but you’ll have to be quick to get them.
New LookBlack Elasticated Strap Trainers£17.99Shop Now
8. New Look Slip-On Trainer in BlackThese black leather slip-ons look way more expensive than they really are, and they're versatile enough to wear to work, or dress up for the evening.