September 18, 2018 | 9 shares
With roots dating back to the Victorian era, Chelsea boots have stood the test of time and are by far one of the most popular styles of boots for men.
Instantly recognizable by the elasticated side panel, they're quick to slip on and off, look great with both downtime and 9 to 5 outfits; and are now available in a huge range of colourways.
As we head into the colder months, update your wardrobe with this menswear mainstay and checkout our picks of the best Chelsea boots for 2018 below…
GrensonNolan Chelsea Boots£149SHOP NOW
1. Grenson Nolan Chelsea BootsFeaturing a signature V-shape elasticated side panel, these Grenson Chelsea boots are a contemporary update to the 1960s original. Still made with the traditional welted sole, they'll see you through this season and many to come before you need to even thinking about getting them re-soled. A solid wardrobe investment.
ASOSBrown Leather Chelsea Boots£45SHOP NOW
2. ASOS Strap Detail Chelsea BootsMix up your looks in 2018 with these strap detail Chelsea style boots by online favourite ASOS. The slim toe style makes them perfect for pairing with skinny jeans or slim fit suits and the leather uppers won't let you down on the dampest of days.
ClarksGilmore Chelsea Boots£89SHOP NOW
3. Clarks Gilmore Chelsea BootsFinished with burnished detailing, these Gilmore slip-on Chelsea boots by Clarks will be a great addition to our 9 to 5 wardrobe. Complete with broguing on the toe for a classic look, the brown leather boots will complement navy suits while being versatile enough to also pair with jeans.
Ted BakerSaldor Chelsea Boots£160SHOP NOW
4. Ted Baker Saldor Chelsea BootsThese weekend-ready Ted Baker Chelsea boots feature contrasting side panels and are constructed from super soft suede for an effortless look. Pair yours with slim fit jeans plus grey tee and complete the look with a camel wool overcoat.
ReissTenor Chelsea Boots£195SHOP NOW
5. Reiss Tenor Chelsea BootsIf you're after a pair of classic black Chelsea boots for men you can't go wrong with these Tenor boots by designer favourite Reiss. Made in Italy with premium leather, the rubber outsoles will keep you firmly on your feet on the iciest of days while also being super hardwearing on your daily commute.
ZaraBeige Chelsea Boots£59.99SHOP NOW
6. Zara Beige Chelsea BootsWith crepe soles, these beige suede Chelsea boots from Zara put a contemporary twist on this menswear essential. The light beige will work with all shades of denim and will instantly lighten up your outfits during the colder months. Keep them clean and they'll also see you perfectly into spring 2019!
CheaneyGodfrey Chelsea Boots£375SHOP NOW
7. Cheaney Godfrey Chelsea BootsWith a history dating back to 1886, Cheaney has become one of the most iconic British shoe brands and still uses traditional techniques to this day. These Godfrey men's slip-on Chelsea boots are available in both brown and black, feature a Goodyear welted sole and are handcrafted in Cheaney's Northamptonshire factory. The perfect pair of boots for British footwear aficionados!
Oliver SweeneyBlack Chelsea Boots£189SHOP NOW
8. Oliver Sweeney Allegro Chelsea BootsThese high-shine black Chelsea boots by Oliver Sweeney are made from luxurious calf leather and showcase an iconic silhouette. Finished with contrasting side panels and pull-up loops, they'll turn heads for all the right reasons both in and out of the office.
Red WingChelsea Boots£269SHOP NOW
9. Red Wing Chelsea Rancher BootsThese Red Wing boots in a Chelsea style stay true to the brand’s heritage of American work boots. Originally developed for sheep ranchers, they’re super sturdy and may just be the most durable boots in our list. A must-have pair for anyone looking for practicality without having to compromise on style.
Paul SmithSuede Chelsea Boots£245SHOP NOW
10. Paul Smith Suede Chelsea BootsJust landed in the AW18 collection, these Paul Smith Chelsea boots feature the brand’s signature stripe on the heel tab for subtle style points. The navy elasticated side panels look great against the brown suede and they'll take you from the office to date night with a quick change of jacket.
River IslandDark Grey Chelsea Boots£50SHOP NOW
11. River Island Grey Chelsea BootsElevate your streetwear to new heights with these men's grey Chelsea boots from River Island and team up with black skinny jeans for endless outfit options. Complete with a striped heel, they're one of the best wallet-friendly pairs currently available if you're after a modern take on the iconic style.
LoakeHoskins Chelsea Boots£185SHOP NOW