With the unpredictability of the weather, a lightweight summer jacket is the perfect way to layer during the warmer months without the need for a sweater.
We've done the hard work for you and scoured the stores to find the best men's summer jackets for 2018 across a range of styles. Read on to discover the perfect lightweight jacket to add to your summer wardrobe this year…
1. The Summer Denim JacketThis washed blue Levi's lightweight denim jacket will be one of the hardest working items in your summer wardrobe. Team up with distressed jeans to work the men's double denim trend, with chino shorts and a tee on holiday or with jersey shorts on downtime days.
ReissCarter Harrington Jacket£195SHOP NOW
2. The Summer Harrington JacketAdd some pastel to your wardrobe with this pink lightweight Harrington jacket from Reiss. With its button popper fastening it'll keep any wet weather at bay while the adjustable hem makes getting the perfect fit easy. Wear yours with beige chinos for a casual summer vibe or over grey suit trousers for 9 to 5 style points.
United Colors of BenettonPadded Gilet£60SHOP NOW
3. The Summer GiletGilets are the perfect lightweight summer jacket for layering, looking just as good over a plain tee as they do over knitwear on cooler days. This United Colors of Benetton quilted gilet contains a natural down padding for improved breathability during summer while also keeping you warm in winter.
Ralph LaurenCotton Bomber Jacket£135SHOP NOW
4. The Summer Bomber JacketMade from a double knit cotton mix, this lightweight bomber from the Ralph Lauren jacket collection is a great transitional piece that'll see you through spring, summer and autumn. Light grey is also incredibly versatile, which means you can wear it with everything from blue denim shorts to brown chinos to complete your summer 2018 looks.
Tommy HilfigerZip Up Windbreaker£105SHOP NOW
5. The Summer WindbreakerKeep windy days at bay with this classic Tommy Hilfiger windbreaker from the iconic American fashion house. Available in blue or white, it's the perfect men's lightweight casual jacket to layer over your casual summer outfits without being too bulky. For maximum practicality without compromising on style, this is our jacket of choice.
Reclaimed VintageWhite Track Jacket£55SHOP NOW
6. The Summer Track JacketRainbow stripes have been HUGE so far in 2018 and this track jacket from Reclaimed Vintage gives a subtle nod to the trend with the striped sleeve detailing. This is one light summer jacket you don't want to wear anywhere with a spec of mud in sight, but for day-to-day use to keep your street style game on point you can't go wrong.
7. The Summer Biker JacketLeather biker jackets have always been a firm fashion favourite but for summer you need something lighter. Enter the piqué biker jacket from Zara. Just about smart enough to wear to work while also perfect for adding some attitude to your downtime outfits, this is one of the best summer jackets to see you through all occasions.
8. The Summer PonchoIf you're heading to a festival this summer, a poncho should be at the top of your wishlist. This Topman khaki showerproof poncho will keep any rain showers firmly at bay without compromising on style and can easily be thrown on at the last minute. It's also machine washable so it can be put in the same load as the rest of your festival clothes on your return.
SuperdryEcho Beach Cagoule£59.99SHOP NOW
9. The Summer CagouleFor a more structured alternative to ponchos, this Superdry cagoule features an adjustable hood, a full mesh lining and elasticated cuffs. It's super lightweight so you don’t build up a sweat wearing it and has a couple of zipped pockets to keep all your festival valuables secure.
Jack & JonesColour Block Jacket£60SHOP NOW
10. The Summer Colour Block JacketColor blocking is still one of the big trends of 2018 and now you can work it during summer with this Jack & Jones colour block hooded jacket. With pockets on both the front and sides there's more than enough space to carry everything you need and the elasticated cuffs help to maintain a streamlined silhouette. Just add raw denim and pristine white trainers to complete the look.