With the weather showing no signs of cooling down, 2018 may just be the year you get to max out your summer dresses. Whatever the occasion, there's something for everyone in the shops this year and the choice is better than ever.
To give you more valuable time to top up your tan in the garden with a drink in hand, we've done the hard work for you and have hunted down the best summer dresses online to shop in 2018. Read on to discover our top 15 picks…
River IslandOne Shoulder Pom Pom Dress£25SHOP NOW
1. River Island Pom Pom Beach DressIt's all in the details with this summer beach dress from high street favourite River Island. Featuring embroidered detailing and a pom pom trim, it's the perfect beach cover up for 2018. Just add a pair of fabulous sliders to complete the look.
PrettyLittleThingFloral Maxi Dress£28SHOP NOW
2. PrettyLittleThing Floral Maxi DressPrettyLittleThing have brought the floral print bang up to date with this gorgeous square neck maxi dress. The ideal addition to your daytime wardrobe, it'll work just as well at a BBQ with friends as it will lunching with the girls.
3. Boohoo Striped Cami DressWork stripes into your summer wardrobe with this colourful striped cami number from Boohoo. Guaranteed to impress on date night, it's a snip at just £15 and will look great with bright heels or strappy sandals.
4. Ted Baker Scallop DressThis Ted Baker dress should be at the top of your workwear wishlist, crafted from a stretch fabric for a stunning silhouette all summer long. Featuring a scallop trim and capped sleeves, the mesh detailing adds the perfect finishing touch.
5. Closet London Ivory Stripe Wrap Over DressTranscend from day to play throughout summer 2018 in this wrap over Closet London dress. With a stunning stripe print against a backdrop of ivory, plus a flattering neckline for all body shapes, it's guaranteed to be one of the hardest working items in your summer wardrobe.
6. Mint Velvet Ruffled DressThere's a lot to love about this summer-friendly Mint Velvet dress from the latest collection. The skinny straps will keep tan lines to a minimum while the frill hem will give the perfect flow wherever you go. Finished in a feminine floral print, this is one of the best summer dresses you don’t want to miss.
7. Free People Wonderland Mini DressThis cute summer dress from bohemian American brand Free People is one of our all time favourites. Featuring two beautiful floral prints and with a self-tie waist, this flowing mini doesn't disappoint. Wear yours with retro trainers for vintage chic or with ghillie sandals for a festival-friendly look.
Michael KorsLace Summer Dress£133SHOP NOW
8. Michael Kors Lace Combo DressAce in lace with this delicate A-line Michael Kors dress crafted from white guipure lace. It showcases a round neckline alongside silver grommets on the hem, cuffs and waist to add some sparkle to your summer 18 looks. Layer with a denim jacket or chambray shirt when the sun goes down.
9. Zara Striped Shirt DressEvery girl needs at least two shirt dresses in her wardrobe and this striped dress from Zara is our pick for summer 2018. The side in-seam pockets keep the silhouette refined while the subtle white print over the thin blue stripes adds some French Riviera finesse.
10. Glamorous Cold Shoulder DressBe the boho queen this summer in this cold shoulder Glamorous midi dress. Featuring a contemporary floral print and eyelet trims, it's beautifully feminine and only needs a pair of heeled sandals for sartorial success.
11. AllSaints Annie Lanai DressWork the off-duty supermodel look by teaming up this oh so pretty AllSaints chiffon dress with a biker jacket and your favourite pair of Chelsea boots or Doc Martens. With further frill detailing decorating the elasticated waist, it's an absolute winner for 2018.
MissguidedRuffle Sleeve Dress£20SHOP NOW
12. Missguided Ruffle Sleeve Shift DressThis chic ruffle sleeve shift dress by Missguided is also available in blue, yellow, black, orange and pastel pink - but our summer favourite is white. Featuring a Bardot neck, it's the best summer dress for festivals and can be easily layered under a denim jacket when the temperature drops.
Vero ModaSummer Maxi Dress£31.50SHOP NOW
13. Vero Moda Embroidered Maxi DressDanish fashion house Vero Moda has come up trumps for 2018 with this gorgeous summer maxi dress. With an embroidered floral design over the crew neck top and tiered maxi skirt, it's got our vote for semi-formal occasions over the warmer months.
New LookSummer Skater Dress£14.99SHOP NOW
14. New Look Crochet Trim Skater DressThis simple little number from New Look is the perfect casual summer dress to wear again and again as the temperatures soar. The crochet detailing along the neckline is bang on trend for 2018 and the colour will go with almost everything else in your summer wardrobe.
YumiCocktail Print Cotton Dress£33SHOP NOW
15. Yumi Cocktail Print DressSummer was made for sitting under the sun with a mojito in hand and now you can celebrate it in this Yumi dress featuring a retro cocktail print. Finished with a detachable belt, add a pair of metallic ballet pumps or gladiator sandals to complete the look.