Versatile and easy to wear, you can't go wrong with a shirt dress. The relaxed fit and button-down fastening make it a flattering option for most figures.
Go for styles with built-in tie fastening to cinch in the waist and create an hourglass shape. Or for off-duty style an oversized ("borrowed this off my boyfriend") shirt dress is the bees' knees.
The denim shirt dress
Baby blues can perk up even the darkest of days… It's hard to remember a summer when the denim shirt dress wasn't a go-to piece. Long sleeved or sleeveless, light-wash or dark-wash, it's always going to work.
Throw on, add some sandals, and voila – a stylish summer outfit. This look will last through autumn into the depths of winter; just layer it up with a faux fur cape, woollen tights, boots and some leg warmers.
The oversized shirt dress
A baggy, relaxed fit is easy to spruce-up with the right accessories. Add some lift to an oversized-fit shirt dress by pairing it with some spiky heeled booties.
The maxi shirt dress
Shirt dresses don't have to fall just above the knee. Experiment with maxi length or midi length shirt dresses for a new take with added impact. Wraparound styles with a fuller skirt and slit at the front add some glamour.
The white midi shirt dress
Off-the-shoulder shirt dress
Even the shirt dress is having a Bardot moment right now. This on-trend take on the shirt dress shows off the shoulders for added girlishness and is a relaxed style for summer.
Style it with large hoops, a bangle or two and fringed accessories for a gypsy-queen air.
The military shirt dress
Inject some attitude into your outfit with a no-thrills military style shirt dress. Khaki never looked so good…wear yours with bare legs and studded pumps to climb the sartorial ranks this season.
Our Top Tips On How To Wear Shirt Dresses
- Denim shirt dresses are the perfect addition for your summer wardrobe. Just add a pair of sandals for a simple yet stylish ensemble and layer with a cardi when the temperature drops at night.
- For fashion-forward outfits that will work all year round, look to oversized shirt dresses and pair with heeled boots and a statement bag.
- Experiment with longer styles such as maxi shirt dresses if you're heading to a wedding. Team up with killer heels and luxe accessories.
- White midi shirt dresses are perfect for the office and look great worn with blush pink heels and matching accessories. The addition of a narrow leather belt will help to add further definition around the waist.
- Work two trends at the same time by opting for a Bardot shirt dress. Keep the style relaxed by wearing it with toe-post leather sandals plus boho inspired accessories.
- If you want to take your style game to the next level, look to military style shirt dresses to inject some serious attitude into your wardrobe. Complete the look with fierce accessories and studded ballet pumps.