As we've moved away from the real thing, faux fur jackets and trimmings have gained momentum and there's never been a greater choice of textures to chose from.
One of these is borg, a faux sheepskin material that’s super soft to the touch just like your childhood teddy (hence why they're also known as 'teddy coats'). Set to be one of the biggest trends of the upcoming season, we've hunted down the best borg jackets to shop right now…
1. Topshop Camel Borg CoatAlso available in blue, this borg coat from high street fave Topshop is ticking all the right boxes for 2018. Featuring oversized lapels for a chic retro look, it's sumptuously soft and will be your go-to jacket on downtime days all season long.
Abercrombie & FitchTeddy Coat£120SHOP NOW
2. Abercrombie & Fitch Teddy CoatBrighten up any dark days this autumn with this gorgeous pink borg teddy coat from Abercrombie & Fitch. The colour will look great against blacks, greys and browns, with the oversized fit making it a breeze to layer over chunky knitwear when the temperature drops.
3. Boohoo Borg Trucker JacketThis Boohoo borg trucker jacket is made from a thick pile and will complement your weekend wardrobe without you having to compromise on comfort. Wear yours with black skinny jeans for endless outfit options on downtime days, or layer over leggings when you hit the gym.
4. Mango Lapels Borg CoatInject some vintage glamour into your 9 to 5 outfits with this gorgeous brown long borg coat from Mango. Elevating the humble fabric to new heights, it looks heaps more expensive than it actually costs and will keep you cosy during those cold morning commutes.
5. New Look Borg Bomber JacketThis blue New Look borg jacket shows just how amazing faux fur fabrics look in pastel tones. We love the combo or keeping the rest of the outfit simple with a monochrome palette and then adding a blue or pink coat for an instant colour hit. A tried and tested winning combination for 2018 style points!
WhistlesNeutral Borg Coat£178.50SHOP NOW
6. Whistles Neutral Teddy CoatCurrently on sale at nearly 40% off, this neutral long teddy coat is made from a fabulously fluffy pile for the ultimate teddy bear texture. Guaranteed to keep you warm whatever the weather throws at you, the sleek collar neckline creates a stylish silhouette that'll work both in and out of the office.
7. Pull&Bear Borg JacketStep up your style game with this Pull&Bear borg jacket, cut in a relaxed fit for the ultimate in comfort. This is one coat you won't want to take off when you head indoors and will turn heads for all the right reasons wherever you go for all the right reasons.
8. Missguided Shaggy Borg JacketOffering a sporty take on the trend, this shaggy borg jacket by Missguided features striped cuffs for a varsity-inspired look. The pile is one of the thickest available; giving a subtle nod to the shaggy cardigan trend that swept the festival scene this year.
Miss SelfridgeRust Teddy Coat£65SHOP NOW
9. Miss Selfridge Rust Teddy CoatHigh street favourite Miss Selfridge has come up trumps with this single breasted teddy jacket in rust. The huge lapels scream of the '70s and the relaxed fit cut makes it the perfect coat to team up with wide-leg trousers or palazzo pants.
10. ASOS Borg Biker JacketFeaturing buckle detailing to the sides, this ASOS borg jacket is cut to a biker style with notch lapels and press-stud pockets. Wear yours with a midi skirt and cami for office-friendly outfit options, or layer over high waisted jeans and a bodysuit for effortless downtime styling.
PrettyLittleThingLongline Borg Coat£60SHOP NOW
11. PLT Black Longline Borg CoatWork two trends at the same time with this must-have longline coat in black borg fabric. A similar length to a trench coat or mac, unlike many other borg jackets it has a complete button up front to keep the chill at bay. Add it your new season wishlist today and you won't be disappointed.
Vero ModaCognac Teddy Coat£79.99SHOP NOW
12. Vero Moda Cognac Teddy CoatLast, but in now way least, of our picks of the best borg jackets is this Vero Moda coat in a luxe teddy pile fabric. The perfect alternative to your beige trench this autumn, it features concealed stud fastenings for a streamlined silhouette.