The S/S 2018 catwalks were awash with colour as designers such as Dolce & Gabbana celebrated technicolour in all its glory with models dressed head to toe in rainbow stripes.
Brighten up your own summer wardrobe with our edit of the best pieces to shop right now to work the rainbow fashion trend this season…
PrettyLittleThingRainbow Stripe Body£15SHOP NOW
1. The Rainbow BodysuitAdd some colour to your wardrobe staples with this rainbow body from PrettyLittleThing. Wear your bodysuit with denim shorts during the day and then swap for a pair of white wide leg trousers in the evening. Complete the look with strappy sandals and keep accessories to a minimum.
2. The Rainbow ShoesIf you want to start experimenting with the trend but don't want to go full on technicolour, these rainbow stripe trainers by Gola may be the perfecting starting point. Available in black, cream and blue, the retro style complements the rainbow detailing and it’s an easy look that just about anyone can pull off.
Daisy StreetRainbow Jumper Dress£24.99SHOP NOW
3. The Rainbow DressThis Bodycon rainbow stripe jumper dress works the trend to the max and is guaranteed to brighten up your day every time you slip it on. Keep the rest of the outfit simple with white Converse trainers or flip flops. Then layer with a denim jacket when the temperature starts to drop.
TopshopRainbow Striped Jumpsuit£29SHOP NOW
4. The Rainbow JumpsuitCombine two trends at the same time with this rainbow jumpsuit featuring cropped wide leg bottoms. The subtle multi-colour stripes scream summer and you can mix up the shoes you wear with it by picking one of the colours from the stripes. Complete the look with matching accessories and you've got multiple outfit options to see you through summer 2018 and beyond.
5. The Rainbow SkirtRainbow skirts can look more hippie than retro, but the modern cut of this Rokoko skirt keeps it right on trend. If you're heading to a festival this year and want to mix up your looks, this is the only rainbow fashion item you'll need and it's a snip at under £30.
Victoria BeckhamRainbow Aviators£195SHOP NOW
6. The Rainbow SunglassesThese rainbow mirrored lens aviator sunglasses from the latest Victoria Beckham collection are by far the easiest way to work the trend into your summer wardrobe. Handmade in Italy, they feature special click hinges to prevent the backs of the lenses from scratching – perfect for avoiding any holiday fails in 2018!
South BeachRainbow Crochet Bikini£42SHOP NOW
7. The Rainbow BikiniIf your budget doesn't stretch to an iconic KIINI crochet bikini, this rainbow set by South Beach may be the next best thing. Made from 100% cotton and featuring tie-side bottoms, it's a fraction of the cost of the original and will inject an instant colour pop to your holiday wardrobe.
Urban OutfittersRainbow Striped Sleeve Tee£22SHOP NOW
8. The Rainbow T-ShirtUnlike many other rainbow t-shirts available, this one by Urban Outfitters features stripes that flow all the way to the sleeves. Creating an almost Bardot look with the extended stripes, it'll be the hardest working item in your casualwear wardrobe this summer. Pair with everything from jeans to culottes for endless outfit options on downtime days.
Lazy OafRainbow Knitted Jumper£65SHOP NOW
9. The Rainbow Summer KnitwearKeep the sunny vibes flowing all day long with this rainbow jumper by Lazy Oaf. As the sun goes down and you start to layer up, it’ll keep your style game on point and looks especially good with white denim. An essential for all girls looking for some cosy comfort without having to compromise on style.
WarehouseRainbow Stripe Swimsuit£36SHOP NOW
10. The Rainbow SwimsuitStand out from the crowd this summer in this scoop neck Rainbow stripe swimsuit by high street favourite Warehouse. Featuring a lace-up back, this colourful one-piece has been an instant success so snap yours up before it sells out.
11. The Rainbow BagThis straw beach bag by Therapy gives a subtle nod to the rainbow fashion trend, with coloured straw interwoven on all sides for a stylish colour pop. An absolute holiday essential, it'll also double as a carry-on bag for style points at the airport.