The boyfriend jeans trend first started a couple of years ago and shows no signs of slowing down. It's also one of our favourite trends going, as the jeans flatter most body shapes and the relaxed fit means you don't have to sacrifice comfort over style to work the trend into your outfits.
Whether you're new to the trend or already own a few pairs, take inspiration from over 20+ boyfriend jeans outfit ideas in our ultimate style guide. Read on to discover our top tips on how to wear boyfriend jeans or use the quick links below to jump straight to each section…
- How To Style Boyfriend Jeans In Winter
- How To Style Boyfriend Jeans In Summer
- How To Style Boyfriend Jeans For Work
- How To Wear Boyfriend Jeans With Boots
- How To Wear Boyfriend Jeans With Trainers
- How To Wear Boyfriend Jeans With Heels
How To Wear Boyfriend Jeans In Winter
Mix up your downtime outfits during the colder months by swapping your skinnies for boyfriend jeans in winter. As the outfits above and below show, they look great worn with black tops and coats, but are also versatile enough to wear with a mac on those cold wet days.
More Boyfriend Jeans Winter Outfits
How To Wear Boyfriend Jeans In Summer
Although boyfriend jeans have a straight cut leg, almost all styles have tapered hems, making them perfect for rolling up in summer. The high waist fit will complement bodysuits and crop tops alike, with just a pair of espadrilles or sandals needed to complete the look.
More Boyfriend Jeans Summer Outfits
How To Dress Up Boyfriend Jeans
With the addition of a tailored blazer, sharp accessories and pointed shoes you can offset the slouchiness of boyfriend jeans to dress them up for the office. Choosing the right shoes and tailored separates is vital, as you need to create contrast for the look to work. From winter through to spring, checkout the outfits below for more inspiration on how to dress up boyfriend jeans all-year round.
More Boyfriend Jeans Outfit Ideas for Work
How To Wear Boyfriend Jeans With Trainers
The slightly retro vibe of boyfriend jeans lends them to being worn with classic trainers like Adidas Stan Smiths or Superstars. Canvas plimsolls like Vans or Converse also work well, but always opt for low tops over high top styles. Then add a slogan tee and layer with a biker jacket or bomber when the temperature drops.
More Boyfriend Jeans with Trainers Outfit Ideas
How To Wear Boyfriend Jeans With Boots
Unlike with some other styles of jeans, when it comes to boyfriend jeans you've only really got one style of boots to choose from – ankle boots. The non-skinny cut makes wearing them with anything taller an absolute no-no, which means knee high boots and wellies are definitely out. For sartorial success, opt for a cropped cut and wear your boyfriend jeans with heeled ankle boots.
More Ways To Wear Boyfriend Jeans With Ankle Boots
How To Wear Boyfriend Jeans With Heels
The contrast of sleek heels with relaxed-fitting boyfriend jeans creates an absolutely killer look that will elevate your off-duty outfits to new heights. Try blush stilettos for stunning springtime outfits, while heeled sandals should be your go to style during the summer months.
More Boyfriend Jeans With Heels Outfits
Our Top Tips On How To Wear Boyfriend Jeans
- In summer, boyfriend jeans and a bodysuit is a tried and tested winner, taking you from day to play with a quick change of shoes.
- Retro white trainers look great worn without socks with boyfriend jeans on downtime days. Roll up the hems to show some ankle and use slogan tees to inject some attitude into your outfits.
- Dress up boyfriend jeans for smarter occasions by wearing them with tailored separates and statement footwear. This will create contrast by offsetting the slouchy cut of the denim.
- The only type of boots you should be wearing with boyfriend jeans is ankle boots. Opt for black leather styles to maximise your wardrobe options all-year round.