Camo is one of the biggest prints around, with menswear staples getting the military makeover by high street and designer brands alike.
So how do you pull off the camo fashion trend without looking like you're about to head off on a wilderness adventure? Read on for our complete guide on wearing camouflage clothing or use the quick links below to jump straight to each section…
- What To Wear With Camo Joggers
- What To Wear With Camo Shirts
- What To Wear With Camo Shorts
- What To Wear With Camo Jackets
- What To Wear With Camo Trousers
- What To Wear With Camo T-Shirts
- Top Tips On How To Wear Camo
How To Wear Camo Joggers
Camo joggers are a great alternative to grey or black; helping to inject some prints into your streetwear outfits while keeping your style game strong. Opt for a tapered fit so you can bunch them up above the trainers and team up with a plain black top for sartorial success.
How To Wear Camo Shirts
When choosing a camo print shirt, don't go for an overly tight fit as it's a casual print and the shirt cut should reflect this. Instead, opt for a relaxed fit shirt and team up with distressed denim and a pair of box fresh trainers. Wear the camo shirt over a plain white t-shirt when you want to layer up and complete the look by rolling up the sleeves.
How To Wear Camo Shorts
Across the high street denim shorts are now available in camo prints, helping to elevate this menswear staple to new heights. Wear your camouflage shorts with a black tee and matching accessories like the outfit above, or opt for a khaki top and trainers for an alternative take on the camo trend.
How To Wear Camo Jackets
Adding a camo jacket to your wardrobe is one of the easiest ways to wear the trend. They look great layered over plain t-shirts, jumper and hoodies – just keep the colour palette of the outfit neutral with black, grey and white. When it comes to length, it's best to go for a short camo jacket for maximum wardrobe options all year round.
How To Wear Camo Trousers
Wearing camo cargo trousers isn't an easy look to pull off – the key is to avoid baggy styles and don't wear them with black lace up boots unless you want people to think you're about to go on an army training exercise. A simple outfit like the one above is a good place to start, with slim fit camo pants worn with statement Adidas tubular trainers and a long-sleeve white tee.
How To Wear Camo T-Shirts
Camo t-shirts can be integrated effortlessly into your wardrobe as they'll generally work well with all denim (except white) and you can dress the look up or down with a quick change of footwear. For smarter outfits, wear your camo tee with black jeans and Chelsea boots, while white trainers should be your go-to style for downtime days.
Our Top Tips On How To Wear Camo
- Always avoid wearing other prints with camo clothing so that you don't run the risk of the patterns clashing.
- Denim on denim may work but camo on camo definitely doesn't – avoid it at all costs.
- Black is generally the best colour to wear with camouflage so when in doubt, opt for shades of black throughout your outfit.
- For an easy street style look, wear your camo with box fresh trainers and complete the look with a black cap.
- Camouflage is a casual print so doesn't work well for smarter outfits, although you can dress up a camo t-shirt or jacket by wearing it with black skinny jeans and Chelsea boots.
- If you're looking to just dip your toe in the water, camouflage accessories like camo hats, shoes and bags work well with black tops and denim, with the same rules above applying when it comes to outfit colours and pattern clashing.