With the shoes without socks fashion trend showing no signs of going away anytime soon, it pays to invest in appropriate footwear as the temperature starts to rise.
Not all men's shoes look good (or are remotely comfortable) worn without socks, but there are some go to styles that will complement your summer wardrobe whatever the occasion. Read on for our best shoes to wear sockless men's style guide, or use the quick links below to jump straight to each style…
- 1789 CALA Espadrilles
- Swims Penny Loafers
- Sebago Boat Shoes
- Sperry Top Siders
- Toms Alpargatas
- Superga 2804 Trainers
- Timberland Boaters
- Vans Slip-ons
- Topman Tassel Loafers
- Adidas NMD Trainers
1. 1789 CALA Riva EspadrillesFrench brand 1789 CALA has made a name for itself with its iconic espadrille shoes, but this year there's a re-work of the timeless classic. Featuring a perforated upper and rubber sole, they'll be the perfect companion for your holiday wardrobe and are versatile enough to be worn with both shorts and chinos.
2. Swims Penny LoafersCombining practicality with style, these highly durable SWIMS loafers are crafted from rubber and high-tech mesh for maximum ventilation however hot it gets. The integrated drainage system also means the loafers will dry out quickly if you do get them wet, so they'll take you effortlessly from the pool to the bar in the most stylish way.
SebagoBrown Leather Boat Shoes£99.99SHOP NOW
3. Sebago Leather Boat ShoesEvery guy should own at least one pair of boat shoes and these brown leather Sebago boaters will see you through this season and many more to come. Boat shoes are hands down one of the best ways to wear shoes without socks and are smart enough to wear to work during summer as well as summer weddings. Opt for brown for maximum outfit options and you won't be disappointed.
SperryStriper II Top Siders£70.99SHOP NOW
4. Sperry Top SidersPerfect for a cheeky weekend boat trip, these Sperry Top Siders have a vulcanized construction for a secure bond between the uppers and outsoles to keep your feet dry. Wear yours sock-free and complete the look with blue chino shorts and a white polo shirt for a stylish nautical outfit.
5. TOMS Heritage Men's AlpargatasWhen it comes to espadrilles, these Toms alpargatas are as traditional as they get. Featuring canvas uppers, a Riviera stripe lining and original suede footbed they'll keep your feet comfortable all summer long. Buy a pair and you'll also be doing your bit for charity as with every pair of shoes you purchase, TOMS give a pair of shoes to a child in need.
6. Superga 2804 Nappa LeaThese leather trainers by Superga will give a minimal yet premium look to your summer wardrobe. Crafted from soft nappa leather, they'll go with just about anything and are one of the best pairs of trainers to wear without socks due to the sleek side profile. The thin laces and minimal branding add to the simplicity of the trainers for stylishly understated summer outfits.
7. Timberland Union Wharf BoatersThese Timberland boat shoes are a re-work of the timeless classic, bringing the look (and manufacturing) right up to date for 2018. With 100% organic canvas uppers, linings made from recycled plastic bottles and soles crafted from recycled rubber; they're also the best shoes to wear sockless for the environmentally conscious.
VansTwo Tone Slip On Trainers£60SHOP NOW
8. Vans Two Tone Slip-OnsThese super lightweight Vans trainers take the iconic slip-on style and use innovative techniques to increase flexibility and reduce the overall weight. With two-tone suede uppers you'll have to save them for dry spells only, but these are easily one of the best styles of shoes to wear without socks on downtime days due to the integrated sockliners for longer lasting comfort.
9. Topman Faux Suede LoafersLoafers have become the go-to style for wearing slip on shoes without socks for smart occasions due to the refined formal style. These tan faux suede loafers by Topman are a snip at £39 and will be one of the hardest working items in your wardrobe this summer, whether it's wearing them to a formal BBQ with the in-laws or to work.