The slip dress trend has been around since 2015 and shows no signs of slowing down. There's never been more choice than there is this year, with all major high street and online brands getting in on the must-have shape of the season.
Read on to discover our picks of the best slip dresses for 2018 or use the links below to jump directly to each one:
- Nobody's Child Slip Dress
- Mint Velvet Slip Dress
- ASOS Slip Dress
- Topshop Slip Dress
- Vero Moda Slip Dress
- Missguided Slip Dress
- Forever New Slip Dress
- Boohoo Slip Dress
You can also check out our guide on how to wear a slip dress for all the tips you need this season whatever the occasion.
Nobody's Child90s Floral Slip Dress£14SHOP NOW
1. Nobody's Child 90s Slip DressThis gorgeous 90s slip dress in floral print by Nobody's Child comes complete with adjustable cami straps it fits perfectly every time. Layer the slip dress over a t-shirt during the spring months and then wear it as beach cover up when summer finally arrives. It's a snip at just £14 and will be one of the hardest working items in your summer wardrobe.
Mint VelvetPinstripe Slip Dress£119SHOP NOW
2. Mint Velvet Pinstripe Slip DressKeep your downtime styling understatedly chic in this pinstripe number from the Mint Velvet dress collection. In a longer than average length and with an asymmetric hem, it'll help you stand out from the crowd for all the right reasons and is the perfect slip dress for lazy weekends under the sun. Complete the look with a pair of white plimsolls and a cocktail in hand.
3. ASOS Buckle Detail Slip DressASOS was one of the first brands to really embrace the slip dress and in 2018 it's really putting its unique spin on the trend. Across the collection you'll find dresses featuring statement detailing in quirky cuts, with our favourite being this buckle detail dungaree slip dress in grey. Layer with a blazer for the office, or a denim jacket on downtime days.
4. Topshop Ditsy Slip DressThis Topshop slip dress will take you from a BBQ in the park to date night with a quick change of shoes. In a delicate ditsy fabric, it screams of summer and will complement most figures. With pastels set to be a key trend of summer 2018, this slip dress ticks all the right boxes and will soon become your go-to dress of the season.
Vero ModaTie Waist Slip Dress£18SHOP NOW
5. Vero Moda Tie Waist Slip DressIt's easy to wear a leopard print dress if you get the cut right and match it complementary items. This leopard print slip dress by Vero Moda will look great worn with black heels plus leather jacket, instantly giving an edgier feel to your downtime look. It may not be for everyone, but if you want to mix up your style in 2018, this is the slip dress for you.
6. Missguided Mustard Slip DressMustard yellow was a big hit during A/W 2017 and it's now set to be one of the big trends of 2018. Embrace the trend and inject some Vitamin C into your wardrobe by snapping up this mustard slip dress from Missguided - guaranteed to brighten up the most overcast of days. Layer over a black tee for added warmth, while a biker jacket will give some added attitude when you need it.
Forever NewFloral Print Slip Dress£85SHOP NOW
7. Forever New Floral Printed Slip DressDelicate floral prints have been all over the runways this year with designers such as Chloe and Emilia Wickstead showing off their floral dress creations for Spring/Summer 2018. Work two trends at the same time with this beautiful Forever New floral slip dress, complete with crochet hems and a ruffle overlay. Add a pair of strappy sandals and it's the perfect slip dress outfit for a BBQ at the in-laws or a boho chic summer wedding.
8. Boohoo Striped Slip DressIf your wardrobe is full of colour, this striped Boohoo slip dress should be at the top of your wishlist. Versatile enough to be worn with trainers and a denim jacket for off-duty style points or with heels on a night out, it's guaranteed to turn heads wherever you go. At £15 it also won't cause a dent in your purse so you've still got change from a twenty towards your holiday fund.